Thursday, April 07, 2011

Today's Random #MPFreebie - Friendly Fire Recordings

As you're probably discerned by now, I have a fairly eclectic taste in music.  Given that radio airplay is dominated (in most markets) by formula pop, I've turned to the independent scene for most of my "new" listening.  Today's free sampler comes to us from Brooklyn-based Friendly Fire Recordings, and it's an interesting collection.  It features 7 of the 15 bands on Friendly Fire's roster, and--as is the case with most such samplers--it demonstrates the range of artists currently under contract.  My FLFs (First Listen Favorites) are Light Pollution from Acrylics, Regina's hard-to-describe-but-I-know-I-like-it Tapaa minut aamulla, and NYC band Violens' Acid Reign.  Feel free to let me know your opinions in the comments.

Grab this one from Amazon.com...

No comments: