Sunday, January 01, 2012

A Peek Into the Arms Industry

Every so often, I'll just toss the odd search term into Google and see what happens.  Tonight, I was led to the home page of Rosoboronexport, the state-owned Russian arms agency.  For some reason, I don't think of advertising and marketing as something to be applied to submaries, air defence systems or missiles; I was quickly disabused of such notion.  The Rosoboronexport site is full of hype and glitz, including (if one selects the "Catalogues of Products" link from the "Menu Open" button) full-size PDF catalogs for land warfare, naval, air force and air defence systems.  Interesting stuff...

So, I just knew that America's armament manufacturers wouldn't be missing out on this particular boat, so I quickly found my way to Raytheon's site, which is chock-full of marketing hype for air warfare systems.  AMRAAM, Maverick, Paveway - they're all there.

If you're a military person, or just a Tom Clancy fan, you'll probably find these sites/downloads interesting...

Rosoboronexport

Raytheon -Air Warfare Systems

1 comment:

Carl Tyler said...

You should try and time an international trip to coincide with the Paris air show or Farnborough air show to see their marketing dollars at work.